MONTICELLO, Ark. – The University of Arkansas at Monticello softball team hosted in-state, Great American Conference member Harding University for games two and three of their weekend series on Saturday. The Blossoms came out of the first game with a 9-2 win over the Bisons, followed by a 3-1 loss in the second game of the doubleheader.
Game 1, 7 Innings
Arkansas-Monticello: 9, Harding: 2
WP: Maguire Estill (4-3)
LP: L. Tanski (6-1)
The Bisons scored the first run of the game on a SAC fly ball. The Blossoms responded in the bottom of the inning with three runs. Kennedy Cox reached on a fielders choice, with Hannah Holdbrook scoring the Blossoms first run on the play. Lexie Smith ripped a single up the middle to bring home Grace Neal and Adrianna Erichsen for the final two runs of the inning.
Harding picked up another run in the fourth, but were met with five runs in the bottom half of the inning from UAM. Grace Neal singled up the middle to score Bailey Camp, followed by a grand slam from Kennedy Cox.
The Blossoms scored their final run of the game in the fifth when Bailey Camp scored on a throwing error on the infield.
Harding was unable to respond, resulting in a 9-2 UAM win.
Game 1, 7 Innings
Arkansas-Monticello: 1, Harding: 3
WP: Pistokache (3-1)
LP: Kayla Olthouse (2-2)
An RBI single in th first brought home Harding’s first run of the game. Hannah Holdbrook scored on a fly ball from Kennedy Cox in the bottom half of the inning.
The Bisons scored the final two runs of the ball game in the fifth on a 2 RBI double.
UAM was unable to reclaim the lead, falling to Harding 3-1.
– Kyann Woods started in the circle in game two, throwing 3.0 innings with 1 run allowed on 3 hits. She also struck out a batter.
– Sam Stephens saw 0.1 inning worth of work on the game, allowing 1 run on 1 hit.
– Maguire Estill closed out the last 3.2 innings of the game. She allowed 0 runs on 1 hit.
– Kayla Olthouse grabbed a start in game three, tossing 5.0 innings with 3 runs allowed on 5 hits. She also struck out a batter.
– Kyann Woods closed out the final 2.0 innings of the game. She allowed 0 runs on 1 hits with a strikeout.
– Hannah Holdbrook – 3-for-3 with 1 Doubles and 2 Runs Scored
– Kennedy Cox – 2-for-4 with 1 Home Run, 1 Double, 5 RBI and 1 Run Scored
– Lexie Smith – 1-for-3 with 2 RBI
– Adrianna Erichsen – 1-for-2
– Lexie Smith – 1-for-3
– Bailey Camp – 1-for-3
The split on the day pushes Arkansas-Monticello to 13-7 on the season and 6-3 in GAC play.
Arkansas-Monticello is back at Alvy Early Softball Field on Tuesday, March 14 when they host rival Southern Arkansas University for a GAC doubleheader. First pitch is set for 1:00 p.m.
All live streams and live stats will be available as clickable links on the UAM Softball schedule.
How to follow the Blossoms: For more information on Arkansas-Monticello Blossoms softball, visit www.uamsports.com and follow the team’s social media channels by searching “UAM Softball” on Twitter and Instagram.
#BlossomNation | #BadNewsBlossoms | #BuildYourHouse