ARKADELPHIA, Ark. – The University of Arkansas at Monticello football team played their seventh match-up of the 2022 season on Saturday afternoon. The Boll Weevils traveled to Arkadelphia, Arkansas to take on in-state, Great American Conference rival Ouachita Baptist University, taking a 41-7 loss from the #4 ranked Tigers. The loss on the day drops the Weevils to a 3-4 record on the season.
UAM struggled to find their stride in Saturday afternoon’s Great American Conference match-up. They were the first team to put points on the board, but were unable to connect with their offense for the remainder of the match. Unfortunately, Monticello would fall to the home team.
On offense, quarterback Demilon Brown went 5-of-10 on passing plays for 39 yards. Although he did not score himself, Caleb Jacobs led UAM in receiving with two receptions for 20 total yards. His longest of the night being for a 14 yard gain. On the ground, Jonero Scott led the Boll Weevils with 18 carries for 84 yards.
Defensively, Kaytron Allen once again led the way for the Boll Weevils with 12 total tackles and five solo stops.
Zachary Grisotti led the day in extra point attempts, going 1-1.
Boll Weevil Head Coach Hud Jackson had this to say after the game: “Game of halves. Played in first half but need 4 quarters against #4 team in country. OBU is a great team our guys played hard just need consistency. We will bounce back. Big one this week at home. We will have them ready to play! Our guys are going to work hard! Eat’em Up!”
How it Happened
- 00:28 – UAM | Hayden Thomas carries the ball 36 yards into the Tiger end zone for a touchdown following a nine play, 80-yard drive.
- 13:45 – OUA | Kendel Givens rushes one yard into the endzone to score a touchdown after a four plays, 80-yard Tiger drive.
- 06:56 – OUA | TJ Cole scores his first touchdown of the game on a one yard rush, following an eight play, 80-yard series.
- 00:22 – OUA | Givens rushes his secong one yard touchdown of the game to conclude a nine play, 55-yard run.
- 07:21 – OUA | Givens rushes two yards for his third touchdown of the game, after a seven play, 54-yard drive.
- 07:12 – OUA | Connor Flannigan pulls in a 53 yard pass from Riley Harms for a touchdown on th efirst play of the drive.
- 13:11 – OUA | Cole rushes into the endzone to score his second touchdown of the game after a 12-play, 83-yard drive.
The Weevils return to Convoy Leslie Cotton Boll Stadium on Saturday, October 22 as they host in-state Great American Conference foe Harding University. Official kickoff is set for 2:00 p.m.
You can find links the official live stream and live stats as tabs on the Weevil Football schedule page at uamsports.com.
#WeevilNation | #EatEmUp