Attention Hamburg City & Rural Water Customers:
Once a year we flush water lines using fire hydrants, which is an important preventative maintenance activity. As a result of the line flushing process, residents in the immediate vicinity of the work may experience temporary discoloration of their water. This discoloration consists primarily of harmless silt/minerals and air and does not affect the safety of the water.
**FLUSHING WILL BEGIN THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 17TH**
Tips during hydrant flushing:
1. There may be a temporary drop in water pressure at this time.
2. Water may become cloudy, discolored water is not harmful and will clear up in a short time.
3. Run your bathtub (cold water only) if you experience discolored water. Do NOT use hot water until water has cleared up.
4. Fill a bottle with water and store it in the refrigerator to use for drinking or cooking.
5. Do not wash white laundry during this period.
6. Flush hot water tanks after the water clears.
Please call us at 870-853-5279, ext. 2 if you continue to experience discolored water after flushing has been completed.
Once again, **FLUSHING WILL BEGIN THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 17TH**
Hamburg Water Department