At 9:00 a.m. this morning, Kevin Griffin, team leader of the Drew Central Maintenance Department, notified me that Eric Chisom, Monticello Fire Chief, and other members of the Monticello Fire Department were responding to fire alarms in the Drew Central Multi-Purpose Gymnasium. Once they were inside the building, it was determined a motor had burned in a heating unit causing minor smoke damage to the band room and adjacent storage room. The crew remained at the school checking out the remaining mechanical systems and resetting sensors. We want to thank the Monticello Fire Department members for their quick response and preventing what could have been a major loss to our school district and community.
Drew Central School District