Spring Game Kicks Off at 6 p.m. April 15
The UAM football team hosts the 2021 Spring Game Thursday, April 15 at 6 p.m. at Willis “Convoy” Leslie Cotton Boll Stadium.
MONTICELLO, Ark. – The University of Arkansas at Monticello football team will host the Green and White Spring Game Thursday, April 15 at 6 p.m. at Willis “Convoy” Leslie Cotton Boll Stadium.
Gates are scheduled to open at 5 p.m., and seating will be available on both the home and visitors’ stands and will be available on a first come, first serve basis. Seating will be limited to 1,000 guests. All traffic may enter from both the main entrance and the entrance located on the visitors’ side.
“We are excited to get back on the field and compete in front of our great supporters,” Head Coach Hud Jackson said. “This will be a great opportunity for our players to showcase the work we have put in during the offseason in front of our home fans and return to some normalcy competing with a crowd in the stands. We would love to see our administration, student body as well as our UAM fans come out and support us Thursday night.”
In addition to procedures required as a member institution of the Great American Conference, these guidelines have been put in place in accordance to Arkansas Department of Health, CDC and University guidelines and serve to provide the safest environment for our student-athletes, coaches, staff and fans. All guidelines for the event are listed below:
- Face coverings MUST be worn at all times – UAM Campus Policy.
- All fans will have their temperatures checked before entering the stadium.
- If you are experiencing shortness of breath, sore throat, or loss of taste or smell, please do not attend the event.
- Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher and/or acknowledging presence of COVID-19 symptoms will not be allowed entry.
- If you are 65 years of age or older and have health conditions including high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, severe obesity, asthma or a weakened immune system, we encourage you to not attend the event.
- Guests will be asked to sit six feet away from those not in their household groups.
- Per GAC Guidelines
- Fans are not to be on the field prior to, during or after scrimmages or the Spring Game.
- Fans are not to interact with student-athletes prior to, during, or after games on the field.
UAM has a clear bag policy that allows fans to bring a clear plastic storage bag no larger than a one-gallon re-sealable bag or a clear tote no larger than 12″ x 6″ x 12″. Clutch purses without a strap no larger than 4 1/2″ x 6 1/2″ are also allowed for personal items.
For fans in attendance, restrooms will be open near the Judy and Jack Lassiter Indoor Practice Facility and Steelman Field House. Parking will be available in front of the main entrance to the stadium and in front of Harris Hall and Steelman Field House. There will be no tailgating allowed prior to the game, and concessions will be closed during the event.
In terms of the contest, the players will be split between the Black team and the Gray team. Paul Griffin and Scott Saffold will pace the sidelines as the honorary coaches for the game. The offensive play calling for Black team will be controlled by Griffin while Saffold will lead the offense for the Gray team. There will be no live stats or live stream available for the event. Marching band and cheerleading will also be in attendance.
— #WeevilNation — | — #EatEmUp —