DURANT, Okla. – The University of Arkansas at Monticello softball team closed out their first Great American Conference series on Saturday afternoon against Southeastern Oklahoma State University. The Blossoms came out of the first game with a 4-3 loss to the Savage Storm, followed by a 9-1 win in the second. They closed out the series with an 8-0 loss in game three.
Game 1, 7 Innings
Southeastern: 4, Arkansas-Monticello: 3
WP: A. Walsworth (4-3)
LP: Sam Stephens (2-2)
After the Savage Storm scored three runs in the third, the Blossoms responded in the fourth inning with a run of their own, scoring Kennedy Cox on a Kammie Walker single to right center.
Southeastern scored their fourth and final run in the fourth, but Arkansas-Monticello fired back with two runs in the sixth. Adrianna Erichson crossed home on a double from Cox to right center field. Cox was brought home on a dropped Grace Neal fly ball to center field.
Arkansas-Monticello was unable to reclaim the lead from the Storm as the game would end with a 4-3 loss for the Blossoms.
Game 2, 5 Innings
Southeastern: 1, Arkansas-Monticello: 9
WP: Kyann Woods (3-0)
LP: R. Taylor (2-5)
Two Grace Neal singles to left field in both the first and third inning would score three runs, including Adrianna Erichson twice and Hannah Holdbrook.
Southeastern Oklahoma scored their only run of the game in the third on an RBI double to left center.
Jadyn Ferguson pinch ran in the fourth and scored on an error, followed by Bailey Camp scoring on a SAC fly from Kennedy Cox. Grace Neal once again singled to the left side of the field, once again scoring both Erichson and Holdbrook.
Both Bailey Camp and Courtnee Sensibaugh scored the final two runs of the ball game on a Holdbrook single through the right side.
The Blossoms would win the game in five innings.
Game 3, 5 Innings
Southeastern: 8, Arkansas-Monticello: 0
WP: C. Mahy (2-0)
LP: Maguire Estill (1-3)
The Savage Storm scored a run in the first inning, four in the second, two in the fourth and a final in the fifth. The game would come to an end with an 8-0 Blossom loss and a 1-2 finish to their opening conference series.
– Sam Stephens started in the circle in game 1, throwing 3.1 innings with 4 runs allowed on 7 hits. She also struck out 2 batters.
– Kyann Woods closed out the remainder of the game, totaling 2.2 innings pitched. She struck out a batter with 0 runs allowed on 2 hits.
– Kyann Woods collected the win in game 2, tossing a 4.0 innings with 3 strike outs, 2 hits and 1 run allowed.
– Maguire Estill threw the final inning with 0 hits and 0 runs allowed.
– Maguire Estill started game 3, pitching 1.0 inning while allowing 4 runs on 4 hits and a walk.
– Sam Stephens was the second pitcher in the game, totaling 2.0 innings and giving up 2 runs on 4 hits with 2 strike outs.
– Kayla Olthouse was the final pitcher for the Blossoms, throwing 1.1 innings with 2 runs allowed on 2 hits.
– Kennedy Cox – 2-for-4 with 1 Double, 2 Runs Scored and 1 RBI.
– Grace Neal – 3-for-4 with 5 RBI.
– Hannah Holdbrook – 2-for-3 with 2 RBI, 2 Runs Scored and a walk.
– Madison Gardiner – 1-for-1.
– Maddie Pflegging – 1-for-2.
The series loss drops Arkansas-Monticello to 8-6 on the season and 1-2 in GAC play.
Arkansas-Monticello is back in action on Friday, March 3 when they travel to Arkadelphia, Arkansas to take on Ouachita Baptist University in game one of their GAC series.
All live streams and live stats will be available as clickable links on the UAM Softball schedule.
How to follow the Blossoms: For more information on Arkansas-Monticello Blossoms softball, visit www.uamsports.com and follow the team’s social media channels by searching “UAM Softball” on Twitter and Instagram.
#BlossomNation | #BadNewsBlossoms | #BuildYourHouse