MONTICELLO, Ark. – The University of Arkansas at Monticello baseball team hosted Delta State University at Weevils Field for a non-conference mid-week game on Tuesday afternoon. The Weevils came out of with an 11-5 win over the Statesmen.
Game 1, 7 Innings
Arkansas-Monticello: 11, Delta State: 5
WP: Rigell Robinson (1-0)
LP: Haley (1-3)
UAM put runs on the board first, scoring three in the first inning. Kirk Woolf plated the first run of the game on a balk, followed by a 2 RBI single to center field from Noah Estrem.
The Weevils found their fourth run of the ball game in the fourth when Chase Cripps drove in Cade Thompson on a single to left.
Cade Thompson would cross the plate again in the fourth on a SAC fly from Noah Estrem to give UAM a 5-0 lead.
Six runs were scored in the fifth by UAM, with the first being Jalyn Williams scoring on a Kirk Woolf single to left field. The next came when Logan Jones scored on a SAC fly from Cade Cancilla. Chase Cripps drove in Cade Thompson for the second time on the day for the third run of the inning, followed by Noah Estrem and Clay Locket hitting singles to bring home a run each. Williams walked with the bases loaded to score the sixth run of the inning.
A three-run home run in the sixth, followed by a two-run bomb in the eighth would give Delta State their only five runs of the ball game.
The mid-week would come to an end with a 11-5 WIN over DSU.
– Mason Philley started on the mound for the Weevils in a rare mid-week sighting, totaling 3.0 innings with 0 runs allowed on 1 hit. He also struck out 5 batters in his appearance.
– Rigell Robinson took his turn on the bump, also tossing 3.0 innings while allowing 3 runs on 4 hits. He also had a strikeout.
– Matt Huey saw 2.0 innings of work for UAM, giving up 2 runs on 1 hit with a strikeout.
– Mitchell Maxfield closed out the final inning with 0 runs on 0 hits. He struck out 1 batters.
– Noah Estrem – 2-for-4 with 4 RBI and 1 Run Scored
– Chase Cripps – 2-for-4 with 2 RBI, 2 Runs Scored and a Walk
– Kirk Woolf – 3-for-4 with 1 Triple, 2 Runs Scored, 1 RBI and a Walk
– Clay Lockett – 3-for-5 with 1 RBI
The win on the day pushes Arkansas-Monticello to a 12-10 record for the 2023 season.
Arkansas-Monticello is back in action on Friday, March 17, when they travel to Shawnee, Oklahoma to take on Oklahoma Baptist University in game one of their GAC series. First pitch is set for 6:00 p.m.
All live streams and live stats will be available as clickable links on the UAM Baseball schedule.
How to follow the Weevils: For more information on Arkansas-Monticello Weevils Baseball, visit www.uamsports.com and follow the team’s social media channels by searching “Weevils Baseball” on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
#WeevilNation | #WeEvil