MONTICELLO, Ark. – The University of Arkansas at Monticello football team played their homecoming game on Saturday afternoon. The Boll Weevils went up against Great American Conference opponent, Northwestern Oklahoma State University. taking a 26-23 loss from the Rangers. The loss on the day drops the Weevils to a 3-3 record on the season.
UAM struggled to find their stride in the first half of Saturday afternoon’s Great American Conference match-up, as NWOSU held a 13-9 lead over the Weevils heading into half time. The Boll Weevils outscoring the Rangers 14-13 in the second half. Unfortunately, the effort would not be enough as UAM would fall to the visiting team.
On offense, quarterback Demilon Brown went 20-of-30 on passing plays for 163 yards and claimed a touchdown pass to LaCedric Smith. Smith led UAM in receiving with four receptions for 68 total yards. His longest of the night being for a 33 yard gain. On the ground, Jonero Scott’s 32 carries for 150 yards led the team.
Defensively, Kaytron Allen once again led the way for the Boll Weevils with 4 total solo stops.
Marquise Mcknight led the night in extra point attempts, going 2-3 with a 48 yard field goal made.
How it Happened
- 09:01 – UAM | Demilon Brown rushes 20 yards into the Ranger end zone for a touchdown following a 13-play, 87-yard drive.
- 05:20 – NWO | Darian Gill rushes one yard for a touchdown after a 7-play, 65-yard series.
- 04:22 – NWO | Joseph Saunders recovers a UAM fumble and runs into the end zone for a touchdown.
- 01:28 – UAM | Zachary Grisotti kicks a 48-yard field goal after a 12-plays, 35-yard drive.
- 10:59 – NWO | Torrence Stevens brings in a 55-yard pass from Dakota Michaels to score a touchdown after a 10-play, 90-yard drive.
- 05:08 – NWO | Gill rushes three yards into the end zone to score, following an 11-play, 90-yard series.
- 12:17 – UAM | Jonero Scott rushes 20 yards into the Rangers end zone to score for the Weevils, following a five play, 65-yard drive.
- 06:15 – UAM | LaCedric Smith snags a pass from Brown for a 33-yard reception touchdown to conclude a 12-play, 94-yard series.
The Weevils travel to Arkadephia, Arkansas on October 15 as they take on in-state Great American Conference foe Ouachita Baptist University. Official kickoff is set for 1:00 p.m.
You can find links the official live stream and live stats as tabs on the Weevil Football schedule page at uamsports.com.
#WeevilNation | #EatEmUp