GAME 1 BOX SCORE | GAME 2 BOX SCORE
ADA, Okla. – The University of Arkansas at Monticello baseball team took on East Central University for games two and three of their opening series of Great American Conference play on Saturday. The Weevils came out of the first game with a 9-2 win and completed the three game sweep over the Tigers with a 9-0 win in game three.
With the series sweep on the weekend, Arkansas-Monticello starts GAC play with a 3-0 record.
Game 1, 9 Innings
East Central: 2, Arkansas-Monticello: 9
WP: Mason Philley (2-1)
LP: Bryan Terry (0-3)
The Tigers were the first on the board, crossing the plate on a Boll Weevil Balk in the second inning. Arkansas-Monticello would match this run in the fourth as Chase Cripps launched a solo home run over the wall.
East Central would score their final run in bottom half of the fourth on a SAC, regaining the lead from UAM.
The Weevils would find eight more runs throughout the remainder of the game. UAM posted one in the sixth when Cade Thompson scored on a Cade Cancilla single up the middle, followed by three in the eighth as Kirk Woolf, Chase Cripps, and Chaz Poppy each crossed the plate. The final four runs came in the ninth as Cancilla, Woolf, and Thompson all scored on a double from Chaz Poppy, followed by a double from Noah Estrem to score Poppy.
Game 2, 7 innings
East Central: 0, Arkansas-Monticello: 9
WP: Connor Irvine (3-0)
LP: Drake Sisemore (0-2)
The Weevils were the only team to put runs on the board in game three, scoring 9 on the Tigers throughout the seven inning game.
Parker Dorrance drove in Joe Brouilette in the second for the first run of the game on an RBI single to left field.
Logan Jones and Kyle Frame each scored in the fourth inning on an error.
A walk from Brouilette, followed by a pair of doubles to left from both Frame and Dorrance would score five runs for the Weevils in the fifth.
Frame would score the final run of the game on a SAC fly from Thompson in the seventh to make it a 9-0 game.
– Mason Philleystarted on the mound in the first game of the day, totaling 8.0 innings pitched with 2 runs allowed, 5 hits and 11 strikeout on the day.
– Ridgell Robinson made an appearance for the final inning. He came out of the appearance allowing only 1 hit and a strikeout.
– Connor Irvinestarted on the mound for the Weevils in game two, throwing a 7.0 innings, complete game shutout with 2 hits and 8 strikeout on the day.
– Chaz Poppy– 2-for-5 with 2 Doubles, 4 RBI and 2 Runs Scored
– Noah Estrem – 2-for-5 with 1 Double and 2 RBI
– Cade Thompson – 2-for-5 with 2 Doubles and 2 Runs Scored
– Chase Cripps – 2-for-6 with 1 Home Run, 1 RBI and 2 Runs Scored
– Kyle Frame – 2-for-3 with 2 Doubles, 3 RBI, 3 Runs Scored and a HBP
– Parker Dorrance – 2-for-4 with 1 Double, 2 RBI and a walk
The sweep on the weekend pushed Arkansas-Monticello to an 8-3 start to the 2023 season.
Arkansas-Monticello is back at Weevils field on Tuesday, February 21 to take on Union University. First pitch is set for 2:00 p.m.
All live streams and live stats will be available as clickable links on the UAM Baseball schedule.
How to follow the Weevils: For more information on Arkansas-Monticello Weevils Baseball, visit www.uamsports.com and follow the team’s social media channels by searching “Weevils Baseball” on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
#WeevilNation | #WeEvil